Thursday 4 April 2013

Rocket From The Crypt


In San Diego they were billed as the best band in the Universe and Q Magazine once likened them to a cross between The Clash and Dexy's Midnight Runners. All I know is that Speedo has got the band back together again for a handful of European dates. Which is why, not unlike a backwoodsman summoned to Parliament for an all important vote in the House of Lords, I'm flying out to Barcelona tomorrow for Saturday's gig at the Razzmaztazz Club. To their credit nobody has batted an eye when I've explained my 48 hour smash and grab raid on Catalonia's capital to see a bunch of musicians who they've never heard of and don't understand it when I say 'but they wear matching bowling shirts and do synchronized hand-clapping and everything.'


How will it go? Will they be just as good as I remember them? Or will they flatter to deceive? Win, lose or draw one thing's for certain: it's going to be a lot bloody warmer over there than it is here.


  

1 comment: