Friday 27 May 2016

A close shave

I can’t really tell you why it’s taken me so long to visit a proper Turkish barber and have a full hot towel shave. But that’s precisely what I did yesterday afternoon. And my skin is still singing, can I just tell you (let’s hear it for lemon balm). What a fabulous experience. Even when they set fire to my tabs to remove all unwanted ear hair I enjoyed every minute of the full hour I was in the chair - a full haircut, face-line with blade, cut throat shave and eyebrow trim. I’ll be back.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously (?) I cannot comment on the efficacy of a Turkish barber but having experienced a full coir rub down in a Traditional baths in Fethiye twenty odd years ago I can vouch for the " walking on air" after effects of the Ottaman grooming regime.....

    ReplyDelete