Wednesday 22 June 2016

He Doesn't Love You Like I Do

With so many of his peers hitching their caravans to the lucrative eighties package tour circuit, it’s refreshing that Nick Heyward is still doing intimate acoustic evenings in arts centres and pubs (like this) - playing stripped down versions of his solo records, as well as all the Haircut hits. Not long after he parted company with Haircut 100 I quite literally bumped into Heyward as I was coming out of The Ship in Wardour Street and he was walking in – a proper popstar sighting. Since then I've seen him live a couple of times - plugging his From Monday to Sunday album on tour with Squeeze and then a couple of years later in a tiny venue in Leicester promoting 1995’s Tangled. Fine albums both. Although Kite is one of my favourite singles of all time, I’ve gone for the infectious sixties influenced He Doesn’t Love You Like I Do. If I was Tony Blackburn I’d probably dedicate this poptastic piece of pop fluff to anyone who has recently had their girlfriend stolen.


Nick Heyward - He Doesn't Love You Like I Do


No comments:

Post a Comment