Sunday 5 June 2016

Tell me now so I know

Rejoice: Artog's back! Mars was obviously not all it's cracked up to be and he's come back down among us and rejoined his fellow earthlings. Nobody else I know can get as much mileage out of the mundane like Artog. Lighthouses, beer mats, benches; don't get me started on benches.
His current post reminded me about the time Holly Golightly joined Rocket From The Crypt on stage at The Forum and in so doing made a great night even greater. Greaterer? When I got home and sobered up I'm sure the first thing I did (certainly the second thing, anyway) was to buy the splendid album she'd just made with Billy Childish.
But, like Artog, my favourite Holly Golightly moment is also a cover. But not just any old cover. It comes from the pen of Ray Davies.

Holly Golightly - Tell Me Now So I Know

2 comments:

  1. John! Just seen this! I am honoured, you've granted me my very own tag! I will try to live up to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will. However, remember the wise words of Spider-Man: With great power comes great responsibility.

      Delete