Sunday 24 December 2017

Holy Holy Holy

Left Lion seeks lamb to lie down with
Between 2001 and 2006 Sufjan Stevens recorded five private Christmas themed EPs which he would give to family and friends each year. All in all he put out some forty odd festive songs and carols; initially they found their way onto fan websites before later becoming an officially released bumper CD Box Set. Although I may not have a holy bone in my body, and find all religions nothing more than mumbo jumbo, I do get the spiritual aspect of Christmas. Believe me, I do.

Have a peaceful day tomorrow.

Sufjan Stevens - Holy Holy Holy

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to give this a listen another time but wow, forty-odd festive songs and carols is quite a feat...
    Like you, I'm not religious in the least (in spite of the fact I've illustrated some Christian books, and I'm working on a bible stories one right now!) but I do get the spirituality of this season. People generally seem to be just that bit nicer to each other, and whatever the reason behind it, that can never be a bad thing.
    So have a lovely time tomorrow (and no nightmares tonight!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you C. And you have a lovely time too.

    ReplyDelete